International Symposium on Data Science (DSWS-2023) – Building an Open-Data Collaborative Network in the Asia-Oceania Area
Deadline for Abstracts: 30 September 2023
1st Circular/ Brochure
Registration and Abstract Submission
Pleased to announce that the International Symposium on Data Science (DSWS-2023) will be held in collaboration between the Joint Support-Center for Data Science Research, Research Organization of Information and Systems (ROIS-DS) and the Committee of International Collaborations on Data Science, Science Council of Japan (SCJ) from December 11th to 15th, 2023.
Following the online conference for DSWS-2020 held in the previous year, DSWS-2023 will be conducted in a hybrid format, combining in-person and online participation at the Science Council of Japan.
Registration and abstract submission will open on June 1st. The deadline for abstract submission is September 30th, and the registration deadline is November 30th. For more details, please visit our website below.
We look forward to the participation and presentations of many attendees.
International Symposium on Data Science (DSWS-2023)
Local Organizing Committee (LOC) Chairperson: Masaki Kanao
International Advisory Committee (IAC) Chairperson: Johnathan Kool
The symposium aims to facilitate information exchange regarding the archiving, publication, and utilization of diverse data related to social issues such as COVID-19 and various global challenges (pandemics, information proliferation, global warming, extreme weather events, regional conflicts, etc.) in the Asia-Oceania region. Discussions will focus on forming international networks related to open data in the region and establishing concrete cooperation frameworks within an international framework.
– Opening session, Keynote talks
– Challenges of data systems and networks
– Open science and the FAIR principles
– Lessons learned from COVID-19 data
– Recent developments in data science
– Involvement of early career researchers and scientists
– Asia-Oceania data forum
– GEO variables and data mapping for Cold Regions
– Strategic discussion
– Joint Support-Center for Data Science Research (DS), Research Organization of Information and Systems (ROIS)
– Committee of International Collaborations on Data Science, Science Council of Japan (SCJ)
– National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT)
– Research Organization of Information and Systems (ROIS)
– World Data System (WDS) of the International Science Council (ISC)
– Committee on Data (CODATA) of the International Science Council (ISC)
– Science Council of Japan (SCJ)
December 11th (Monday) to December 15th (Friday), 2023 (On December 12th (Tuesday) afternoon, the Public Lectures (in Japanese) will be held as part of the International Symposium)
Science Council of Japan, Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo (Hybrid format: In-person sessions at the SCJ 2F Conference Room and online streaming)
– Registration and Abstract submission open: 1 June 2023
– Fixing the speakers and program of the oral sessions: 31 August 2023
– Abstract submission deadline: 30 September 2023
– Programme booklet online: 1 November 2023
– Registration deadline: 30 November 2023
– Symposium date: 11-15 December 2023
Website: http://ds.rois.ac.jp/article/dsws_2023/ | 1st Circular/ Brochure | Registration and Abstract Submission