UNU-MERIT Training Programme in Design and Evaluation of Innovation Policy in Developing Countries (DEIP)
NISTADS, New Delhi, India
2-7 February 2009
The National Institute of Science, Technology and Development Studies (NISTADS), New Delhi, the Centre for Development Studies (CDS), Trivandrum and the United Nations University- Maastricht Economic and social Research and training center on Innovation and Technology (UNU-MERIT), Maastricht, The Netherlands are jointly organizing a training course on the Design and Evaluation of Innovation Policy (DEIP) in New Delhi from 2-7 February. The objectives of this course are to learn about the design of innovation policies and about the evaluation of the effectiveness of these policy instruments using science, technology and innovation indicators of both conventional and non-conventional varieties. The programme deals with policy design issues and issues and techniques related to the monitoring and evaluation of innovation policies.
Thus, after attending the course, participants will be able to:
- better appreciate the various components of an innovation policy and especially to distinguish between financial and non-financial instruments and their impact;
- understand the importance of policies to increase the supply of technically trained human resource for R&D and other innovation activities;
- improve the collection and presentation of conventional indicators so as to use them to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of specific instruments of innovation policies;
- familiarise themselves with methods of policy evaluation and
- take explicit cognizance of the existence of new innovation indicators such as community innovation surveys and also understand the challenges of replicating such efforts in a developing country context.
Venue and Date: National Institute of Science, Technology and Development Studies (NISTADS), New Delhi, 2-7 February 2009.
Application: Application forms can be downloaded from the link below: www.merit.unu.edu/training/DEIP/2009_india/application.doc / www.merit.unu.edu/training/DEIP/2009_india/application.pdf
Application deadline is 15 December 2008. Selected candidates will be notified before 15 January 2009.
Please send your application form and CV to:
Ms. Eveline in de Braek
Secretary to the Training Programmes
Keizer Karelplein 19
6211 TC Maastricht
Draft lecture schedule: http://www.merit.unu.edu/training/DEIP/2009_india/draft_schedule.pdf