International Conference on Social Network Analysis and Applications - SNA2009
The International Conference on Social Network Analysis and Applications (SNA2009), and the Post-Conference Tutorial/ Workshop on SNA Methods and Applications, to be held at the National Institute of Science Technology & Development Studies (NISTADS), New Delhi aim to bring together experts from abroad and India and the learners on the methods and applications of the SNA. The dates of the conference and the post-conference tutorial will be as follows:
- International Conference on Social Network Analysis and Applications (SNA 2009), 28-29 January, 2009
- Post-Conference Tutorial/Workshop on SNA Methods and Applications, 30-31,January 2009
The objectives of SNA-2009
- Impart training to the learners on tools and techniques of SNA
- Discuss applications of social network analysis in various fields
International Conference: Papers on applications, theoretical and methodological issues of SNA are welcome. Presenters will have the opportunity to make their paper available to a broader audience on the conference website.
Language of the International Conference: English
Who should attend?
We welcome contributions from advanced researchers as well as the students. SNA has wide application in different fields. To understand the complexities of the networks, besides having knowledge of the subject domain, it demands understanding of graph theory, statistics, social physics, simulations, modeling etc. Having to analyze large networks, computer-centric operations are necessary as manual analysis cannot grasp the complexities of such networks. Those are interested in learning and applying SNA in their respective field of activities can participate, especially in the Post-Conference Tutorial Workshop. However, prior knowledge will be of help to take up in depth analysis using SNA tools.
- Abstract submission (about 300 words): October 31, 2008
- Acceptance notification: November 15, 2008
- Full paper submission: December 15, 2008
- Registration: December 31, 2008
Abstract can be submitted to:
SNA Conference Chair
National Institute of Science Technology & Development Studies (NISTADS)
K. S. Krishnan Marg, New Delhi 110 012, India
Tel: +91-11-25843227, Fax: +91-11-25846640
Additional Details at Conference Second Announcement: http://www.nistads.res.in/images/seminar/callforpapers-SNA.pdf