UNESCO Bangkok Internship Programme
Blazing the Trail in Educational Innovation for Development
The Asia-Pacific Educational Innovation for Development (APEID) unit in the UNESCO Asia-Pacific Regional Bureau for Education, Bangkok, Thailand, welcomes applications for internships.
About APEID: Established in 1973, APEID is an inter-country cooperation programme serving 46 member states in the Asia and Pacific region. It promotes educational innovation for development with a special focus on post-primary education. The goal of the programme is to improve the quality of education and foster innovation by promoting inter-country cooperation and partnerships in education. APEID's three main programmes are Higher Education, Teacher Education and ICT in Education.
- The programme aims to familiarize interns with the day-to-day work and special mandates of APEID, increase their understanding of UNESCO and introduce them to the multi-national work environment of the UN.
- The programme plans to enhance the interns' capacities by combining their academic learning with practical research and by providing opportunities for interns to explore their own interests in a relevant field.
- Participate in regular or ad-hoc APEID meetings and related events
- Contribute to the conceptualization and planning of APEID events when necessary
- Assist in the preparation and organization of APEID meetings, seminars and conferences under various APEID projects, etc.
- Proofread reports and articles
- Prepare minutes of meetings, draft reports and publications
- Conduct research and prepare presentations on given topics
- Contribute articles for monthly newsletters and websites
- Conduct any other duties that may be assigned by their supervisors in APEID or the Director of UNESCO
- This internship is open to applicants who are enrolled in postgraduate studies with specialization in an area that directly relates to UNESCO's APEID mandates.
- Applicants must fulfil the three-month minimum internship period with maximum stay of six months.
If you are interested in applying for an internship with UNESCO APEID, please fill the online application form at http://www.unescobkk.org/join-us/opportunities/internship-programme-and-volunteers/.
Ongoing but the applications will be reviewed quarterly. For example, applications submitted by August 30th 2011 will be considered for internships starting between September and December. Only applicants who have been accepted will be contacted. No information concerning the application will be given over the telephone.
Please note this is an unpaid internship. Interns are to cover all their own expenses and obtain all necessary travel documents. There is no expectancy of employment at the end of the internship and interns are not entitled to apply for any regular position during the period of internship or six months immediately following the expiration date of the internship.