- 6th Asialics International Conference
- Venue: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) Campus, Clearwater Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong SAR
- Dates: 6-7 July 2009
Asialics International Conference seeks to explore is how innovation systems in Asia are linked to global innovation networks on the one hand, and how emerging interactions within and among innovation systems are shaping their performance on the other hand. The promotion of interactions among innovators – through university-industry linkages, global production chains, or in innovative clusters – is becoming a key priority for innovation policies. One area of particular interest is the interactions between research and technology organizations (RTO) and other innovation actors such as universities and industry. A special session will be arranged by JIIP to provide comparative perspectives from Asia and Europe.
- Assessing various policies, programs and trends relating to innovation at regional, national and firm levels in Asia
- Enabling policy learning to take place across Asian countries
- Extending the frontiers of academic research
- Facilitating networking and research collaborations
A number of sub-themes have been preliminarily identified for the conference, including:
- Regional interaction among innovation systems in Asia
- University-industry linkages and the changing role of universities in dynamic innovation systems
- Promotion of innovative clusters
- The emergence and evolution of knowledge-intensive services in Asia
- Migration of human resources and regional and global innovation linkages
- Role of knowledge organizations and intermediary agents in influencing innovative performance
- The changing role of Transnational Corporations in Asian innovation systems
- Evaluation of innovation policies in Asia
- Innovation surveys and indicators
- Global innovation linkages: Scientific cooperation and technology transfer
- Government programs promoting regional or global linkages
Who Should Attend
- Government science and technology policy makers
- Technology policy and innovation management researchers
- Educationists, social scientists and natural scientists
- Industry practitioners
Paper Submission, Review and Acceptance
- Significant and original (unpublished) submissions are solicited. People submitting abstracts will be able to do a presentation of paper after peer review process of the abstracts. Full papers should not exceed 8,000 words and include an abstract of 100-150 words.
- Full paper submission guidelines: Only novel research is eligible for presentation. Further, only previously unpublished work will be eligible for possible inclusion either in an edited book or a journal special issue. Please write your text in good English (American or British usage is accepted, but not a mixture of these). On the first page of your paper, you must indicate which of the conference sub-themes your paper falls into (see home page for list of sub-themes). Additionally, the paper title, author's name, affiliation, full postal address, as well as email address should appear on the first page. A concise and factual abstract, able to stand alone from the paper, is required (maximum length 150 words). The abstract should state briefly the purpose of the research, the principal results and major conclusions. References in the abstract should be avoided, but if essential, they must be cited in full, without reference to the reference list. All text in the manuscript should be in double-spaced typing. Ample margins should be left on both sides of the page. Each page of the typescript should be numbered. Footnotes should be numbered consecutively and placed together in single-spacing at the bottom of the relevant page.
- Accepted papers will be included in a conference CD and selected papers will be published in a book or Asian Journal of Technology Innovation after a peer review process.
- The deadline for abstract submission is 1 March 2009.
- Please submit your abstract by email to: email@example.com.
For the full set of deadlines, please refer to under the 'Registration and Deadlines' tab.
For More Details visit: http://asialics6.ust.hk/call.html