Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; 14-17 July 2009
The 12th ISSI Conference – ISSI 2009 - will be organized by BIREME/PAHO/WHO (Latin American and Caribbean Center on Health Sciences Information of the Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization) and co-organized by a list of partner public and private organizations, under the auspices of the International Society for Scientometrics and Informetrics (ISSI), in July 2009, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The ISSI 2009 Conference will provide an international open forum for scientists, research managers and authorities, information and communication related professionals to debate the current status and advancements of Scientometrics theory and applications, with emphasis on the progress of scientometrics and science in developing countries.
The conference will bring a key contribution to the socialization of scientometrics in developing countries, particularly within LA&C (Latin America and Caribbean) scientific related community and it will contribute to promote international collaboration.
ISSI 2009 is aimed at a broad multidisciplinary audience. It includes researchers, policy-makers, educators, librarians, information science professionals, and students interested in the dynamics of research productivity, scholarly communication networks, information retrieval and evaluation.
The biannual ISSI conference is the premier international venue for research within the areas of informetrics, scientometrics and bibliometrics. The purpose of the ISSI 2009 conference is to bring together scientists, research managers and authorities, as well as information and communication related professionals in an open international forum to discuss advancements of theory and applications in the field, and to shape future research directions through the publication of high quality applied and theoretical research findings. ISSI 2009 also includes satellite workshops and a Doctoral Forum. ISSI 2009 is organised under the auspices of ISSI - the International Society for Informetrics and Scientometrics (http://www.issi-society.info/). The conference language is English.
Areas of Interest
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- GENERAL WORKS ON INFORMETRICS (Structure of the field and relations to other fields, History of bibliometrics, Analysis of acknowledgements)
- THEORY (Informetric laws, distributions and concentration, Time and growth, Other works on theory)
- METHODS AND TECHNIQUES (Mapping and visualization, Text and data mining and other linguistic techniques, Network analysis, Classification, Other methods)
- CITATION ANALYSIS (Characterizing publications and fields, Theoretical and methodological aspects, Self-citation, Ego-centered citation studies, Quality assessment, Errors in citation analysis, Other Citation analysis)
- INDICATORS (h-Index, Impact factors, Other bibliometric indicators)
- WEBOMETRICS (Web Impact Factors, Measures and methodological issues, The ‘academic’ web, Commercial sites, Linking motivations and/or content analysis, Journals and web citations)
- JOURNALS (The ‘impact factor’ debate, Journal quality, Journal coverage and structure, Journal profiles, Non-English journals and internationalization, Journal editors and editorial boards)
- OPEN ACCESS AND ELECTRONIC PUBLICATIONS (Studies on Open access and/or Electronic publications, Debate on Open access and/or Electronic publications)
- PRODUCTIVITY AND PUBLICATIONS (Country level studies, Field specific studies, Media coverage of science, Interdiscplinarity, Gender and/or other Sociological issues, Other studies on Productivity)
- COLLABORATION (Studies in specific fields, Studies on national, group or author level)
- RESEARCH POLICY (Research evaluation, University rankings, Scientometrics indicators in S&T policy, Other studies and/or debate on Research policy)
- PATENT ANALYSIS (Patent citations and science and technology links, Other patent indicators)
- BIBLIOGRAPHIC DATABASES (comparisons between databases, coverage, retrieval techniques and data isolation)
Submission of Papers
At ISSI 2009 three types of submissions are accepted: Full papers (FP), Research in progress papers (RP) and poster papers. The category 'research in progress paper' is meant to enable participants to present ongoing research, and particularly their most recent work that is not yet fully completed at the time papers are to be submitted. A research in progress paper is shorter than a full paper (see below). The authors should clearly outline the central objective or hypothesis of the research, and present preliminary or intermediate results. If the intention is to present the most recent findings (not yet available at the submission date) at the conference, the potential significance of the findings should clearly be indicated. Authors are requested to submit their contributions using the ISSI 2009 electronic submission form.
Valid document formats are: Microsoft Word (doc) and Rich Text Format (rtf).- Full papers - max. 12 pages. - Research in progress paper - max. 5 pages - Poster presentations - max. 2 pages.
To prepare your FP, RP and/or Poster paper, you must use and conform to the ISSI 2009 paper template.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Failure to conform templates will lead to paper rejection from the Proceedings and Conference. The working language of the conference is English.
Full papers and research in progress papers
- Submission deadline: 19th January, 2009
- Notification of Acceptance: 2nd March , 2009
- Submission deadline: 9th March, 2009
- Notification of Acceptance: 30th March, 2009
- Submission deadline: 19th January, 2009
- Submission deadline: 1st April, 2009
- Camera ready papers due in MS Word/RTF format: 13th April, 2009
For More Details, please visit: http://www.issi2009.org/php/level.php?lang=en&component=46&item=2 OR http://www.issi2009.org/