Swatantrata Ka Amrut Mahotsav
International Conference on
Role of Indian Science in Freedom Movement
To commemorate Swatantrata Ka Amrut Mahotsav, JNU is organizing an international conference on "Role of Indian Science in Freedom Movement" in collaboration with Vijnanabharati, NIScPR and Vigyan Prasar on 28th Feb and 1st March 2022. Please see detail at: https://jnu.ac.in/conference/RISFreM-2022
This conference is aimed to create awareness and generate scholarly evidences for the role of Indians in cultivation of modern science, development of scientific societies, institutions, industries and fighting against the British colonial rule in India. Papers are invited in Hindi or English on the following themes:
1. Science and Freedom Movement
2. Establishing Colonial Hegemony through Science
3. Role of Indian Scientists and Resurgence of Indian ethos and culture
4. Intellectual colonialism and Freedom movement
5. Swadeshi industries in colonial time
6. Achievements of Indian Scientists and its Implication for Political Freedom
7. Emergence of scientific racism in India and Indian response
8. Impact of colonialism on Environment/ Sustainable consumption
9. Public engagement for development of Scientific Institutions and Societies
10. Science Diplomacy and Freedom Movement
The abstract should be written in 250 words containing title, brief introduction, objectives, relevance, methodology and major findings of the paper. Please use Times New Roman 12 pt fonts for English and for Hindi use Kurti Dev 10 pt fonts. Please submit the abstract at : https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=risfrem2022 by 20th January 2022.
Poster/Short Article (800-1000 Words) are also invited from students who wish to participate in the conference on any areas related to the themes of the conference. Please submit your entry at: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=risfrem2022 by 20th January 2022.
Workshop for authors
An online workshop on 'Research Paper Writing' will be organized 30h January 2022 for the authors whose abstracts are accepted. Full paper submission by 15th February 2022.
Registration for the conference will start from 15th January 2022. Fee for Registration is Rs.500/- for students and Rs.1000/- for teachers, scientists and academicians. Please visit for registration: https://jnu.ac.in/index.php/node/159894351
Contact: All questions related to conference and submissions of abstract/paper should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
JNU Vijnanabharati NIScPR Vigyan Prasar