ASIP 9th Conference - Technology and Innovation for SMEs
1.Technology for SMEs
Sec. Fortunato dela Peña (Secretary, Department of S&T, Philippines)
Prof. Ky-young Park (Former Presidential Advisor for S&T, Korea; Soonchon U)
Prof. Youngil Park (Former Vice Minister, Mistry of S&T; Ewha Womans U)
2. SME policies
Prof. Jung-wha Han (Former Minister, Ministry of SMEs, Korea; Hanyang U)
Dr.Rafaelita Aldaba (Undersecretary, Department of Trade and Industry, Philippines)
• Regular Sessions (4)
: Technology Innovation, MOT, Economics of Technology, Technology Policy
• Special Session 1, Innovation for SMEs
1.Regional innovation system for SMEs - Moderator: Prof. MH Bala Subramanya, IISc
2.Technology adoption of SMEs - Moderator: Prof. Angelina Yee, Nottingham University, Malaysia
3.Policies for SMEs and startups - Moderator: Prof. Chongin Choi, Hanbat University, Korea
• Special Session 2, Entrepreneurship Education for SMEs
- UNESCO Entrepreneurship Education Network
- Moderator: Prof. Rolando Ramon Diaz, UP ISSI
• Special Session 3, Innovation for Circular Economy - Moderator: Prof. Mohan Avvari, Nottingham University, Malaysia
• Students Contest: Technology and Innovation for SMEs
- Nationwide contest for Filipino college students or 2019 graduates
- Certificates and Cash Awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd (USD250, 150, 100)
- Moderator: Prof. Aleli Bawagan, Director, ISSI, UP Diliman
• Tutorial Sesson: Tools for Scientometric Analysis - Moderator: Prof. Kee-seok Kwon
- Time/place: October 5 (Saturday), 09:00-13:00, ISSI lecture room
- Softwares for paper and patent analysis and visualization
1. VOS viewer: constructing and visualizing bibliometric networks
2. KnowledgeMatrix Plus: constructing and visualizing papers and patents
Special Session: Government Agencies for Innovation Policy
- Forum of government agencies for S&T planning and management in Asia
- Moderator; Korea Institute of Science and Technology Evaluation and Planning (KISTEP)
If want a special session, welcome!
- Freestyle, but within-2-page abstracts for prior acceptance until 31 July.
- Deadline by 31 July. Notification of acceptance within 10 days.
Award for Best Papers (Full paper only)
- Recommend publication in SCI/SSCI journals
- Financial supports for the publication in Asian Journal of Innovation and Policy.
Local Organizing Committee
Chair: Prof. Fidel Nemenzo, Vice Chancellor, University of the Philippines Diliman.
Prof. Aleli Bawagan, Director, Institute for Small Scale Industries, UPD.
Secretariat: Ms. Gloria Recio, ISSI, UP Diliman.
Chair: Prof. Jeonghwan Jeon (firstname.lastname@example.org).