14th European Network on the Economics of the Firm (ENEF) meeting
Technological Change and Employment Dynamics at the firm and industry level
Venue: Institute of Economics, Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy
14th and 15th September 2017
Following successful previous ENEF meetings organised in Sheffield, Rotterdam, Nice-Sophia Antipolis, Cambridge, Paris, Amsterdam, Strasbourg, Bologna, Madrid, Manchester, Toulouse, and Turin, we are pleased to announce that the 14th ENEF meeting will be held in Pisa at the Institute of Economics, Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies. The theme of this year's meeting reflects core themes of ENEF and the long standing tradition of research on evolutionary economics, industrial dynamics and economics of innovation of the Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies. The interplay between technological change, firm behaviour and industry dynamics has long been investigated in both theoretical and empirical literature. Recently, increasing interest in the factors that may create or destroy jobs has stimulated important debates about the ways in which different forms of innovation and technological change can affect employment dynamics at the firm and industry level. In this line of investigation, a number of issues and concepts are crucial to understand the complex relationship between technology and employment, including the role of trade, industry characteristics, firm capabilities, institutional frameworks and policy interventions. In keeping with previous ENEF workshops, we welcome submissions from all areas of the economics of the firm, as well as relevant contributions from management, organisation science and political economy. The workshop will focus on empirical, theoretical and policy analysis of topics that include but are not limited to:
- Determinants and effects of innovation at the firm and industry level;
- Productivity and reallocation processes;
- Employment and wage dynamics;
- Organisational characteristics and employment restructuring;
- The role of exporting and importing activities;
- Technological trajectories and structural change;
- Knowledge, diversification, and firm performance.
- Extended abstracts (2-3 pages) to be submitted by 31-5-2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted papers are expected to be work in progress and should not have yet been submitted for publication. Selection committee: Michael Dietrich and local organisers.
- Notification of acceptance by 30-06-2017.
- Final papers to be delivered by 31-08-2017.
Confirmed keynote speakers: Giovanni Dosi (Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa) | Luc Soete (UNU-MERIT and Maastricht University, Maastricht) | Marco Vivarelli (Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milan)
The registration fee is 100 euros. ENEF coordinator: Michael Dietrich, University of Sheffield. Local organisers: Nanditha Mathew (Sant' Anna School of Advanced Studies and CNR), Andrea Mina (Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies), Daniele Moschella (Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies). For more information about the 14th ENEF meeting, the submission process and practical details please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Further Details.