CALL FOR PAPERS Liinc em Revista: "Citizen Science and Citizen Labs"
Liinc em Revista is inviting submission of articles, subject to double-blind evaluation, for publication in Vol. 13, n. 1 (May 2017). We accept unpublished articles in Portuguese, Spanish and English.
This issue will present a dossier on "Citizen Science and Citizen Labs", organized by Guest Editors Henrique Parra (Unifesp, São Paulo), Mariano Fressoli (Cenit, Buenos Aires) and Antonio Lafuente (CSIC, Madri), within the theme proposed below.
Social studies of science and technology have observed in the last few years the emergence of multiple practices and alternative spaces of knowledge production, redesigning identities and frontiers between scientists and a concerned public, between the scientific laboratory and the citizen laboratory.
Inspired by the more critical tendencies of collaborative science and research "in the wild", of open or citizen science, and by a tense dialogue with the dynamics of biopolitical government and of commodification of knowledge, there are new cognitive and political actors whose practices we wish to investigate.
Contributions to this dossier may include topics such as:
- Open science, citizen science and "common" science
- Science and the production of the common
- Communities of practice, epistemic communities, and counter-expertise
- Citizen labs and political experimentation
- Fablabs, hackerspaces, and the maker movement
- Open science and grassroots innovation movements
- Production of counter-hegemonic scientific knowledge and technological appropriation
- Protocols, infrastructures, technologies and modes of organization for open and collaborative production of knowledge.
The dossier will also include a section for texts recounting innovative experiences within these topics. First authors of the articles should have doctoral or master degrees. This rule does not apply to accounts of experiences. Other guidelines for authors can be found at: http://liinc.revista.ibict.br/
Apart from the dossier, we also accept articles and reviews on other topics within the range of interest of Liinc em Revista.
PERIOD OF SUBMISSION: FROM SEPTEMBER 15, 2016 TO JANUARY 31, 2017 at http://www.ibict.br/liinc