12TH GLOBELICS International Conference
Theme: Partnerships for Innovation-Based Development
29-31 October 2014, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Organised by: Globelics, Addis Ababa University, Adama Science and Technology University
The 12th Globelics International Conference will be hosted by Addis Ababa University and Adama Science and Technology University and held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Like previous Globelics Conferences, this conference intends to bring together scholars from different disciplines to enhance the quality of innovation studies in relation to development and growth in the context of globalization and accelerating pace of change. The conference will combine presentation of research papers in parallel tracks with panel discussions and plenary lectures.
This year's key note lectures will be given by the world leading scholars on innovation and development, Martin Bell (the 2014 Freeman Lecture) and Calestous Juma (the 2014 Globelics Lecture).
We invite submission of original unpublished full papers for the conference. Submission of full paper (in PDF) not exceeding 12,000 words (including notes, tables, appendices, list of references, etc.) should be made via the online submission form available at the conference website http://2014.globelics.org. We especially encourage the participation of young researchers. The selection of the papers will be based on a peer review process. Globelics reserves the right to use available software to control for plagiarism and to take appropriate action in severe cases.
Application for travel support is open from 2 June 2014 up to and including 22 June 2014. Scholars from developing countries with accepted papers to the Globelics Conference can apply for travel support from the Globelics Secretariat to attend the conference.
Deadline for submission of papers 23 April 2014
Acceptance notification 2 June 2014
Deadline for application for travel support 22 June 2014
Response to applicants for travel support 4 July 2014
Conference registration 2 June – 30 August 2014
Last date for upload of final version of paper 22 September 2014
The 12th Globelics International Conference will give attention to a wide set of themes covering important aspects linking innovation and competence-building to development. The location of the conference in Africa and Ethiopia will be reflected in the list of themes. Special attention will be given to public-private partnerships, including University-Industry relationships. This call thus invites papers addressing one or more of the following themes:
1. Public-private partnerships for innovation-based development
2. University-Industry relationships and the promotion of learning, innovation, and competence building systems
3. Overcoming raw material curse through new manufacturing and service activities
4. National strategies to stimulate spill overs from BRIC-presence in Africa.
5. Indigenous knowledge, informal sector, innovation and development.
6. Work organization, education and economic development
7. Inclusive innovation, gender and development
8. Science, technology and innovation policy and politics
9. Innovation, sustainable development and energy in the South
10. Financial institutions, intellectual property rights, innovation and development.
11. National and regional innovation systems
12. Sectoral innovation systems, industrial policy and development
13. Trade, FDI, value chains and innovation networks
14. Innovation, growth and catching-up
15. Innovation management, organizational learning innovation and development
Further Details: http://2014.globelics.org/