Hektoen Grand Prix Essay CompetitionHektoen International invites you to submit an essay of 1,000 to 2,500 words on a subject related to medicine and culture by March 1, 2013. Suggested topics include medicine and art or literature, history of medicine, ethics, music, philosophy, anthropology, linguistics, etc. Clinical studies or case reports are not eligible.
We are offering two prizes:
- The Hektoen Grand Prix, for the winner – $1,000
- The Hektoen Silver Prize, for the runner-up – $800
The winners will be announced by email on May 1, 2013. All essays will be considered for publication; the Grand Prix and Silver Prize will be showcased in the Summer 2013 issue, and others will be featured throughout the year. For more details, please consult our guidelines.
- The contest is open to participants 18 years or older.
- Please send articles to firstname.lastname@example.org and write "Essay Contest" and the title of your submission in the subject line of your email.
- Submissions will be read by the editors of Hektoen International and peer-reviewed. Entries that do not receive prizes may still be published in the journal.
- All entries must be received by March 1, 2013. Winners will be announced by email on May 1, 2013.
- If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
Articles must be unpublished, original work that relates medicine to the humanities and 1,000-2,500 words in length.