|Sitaram Rao Livelihoods India Case Study Competition 2012 |
ACCESS Development Services and Fr. Arrupe Center for Ecology and Sustainability (FACES), XLRI Jamshedpur jointly announce the Sitaram Rao Livelihoods India Case Study Competition 2012. This competition is supported by Oxfam India.
A number of large scale programmes of the government, as well as multilateral and bilateral organizations are putting much effort into poverty reduction. However, the poorest of the poor have been bypassed by most mainstream development initiatives. Different approaches are required for alleviating extreme poverty since the poorest of the poor face fundamentally different set of deprivations as compared to the poor. The biggest challenge they face is the lack of a stable income. Enhancing sustainable livelihoods of the poorest of the poor is thus a significantly important step towards reduction of extreme poverty.
The 2012 case study competition, therefore, seeks case studies of experiences in enhancing the livelihoods of the poorest of the poor. The case studies should cover the following:
1. Socio-economic conditions and needs of the community within the context of which the programme was initiated and implemented;
2. Nature of engagement, intervention, support and strategies of the implementing agency for reaching out to the poorest of the poor;
3. Impact of the programme in promoting sustainable livelihoods;
4. Factors that contributed to the success of the programme;
5. Critical challenges faced; and
6. Issues in achieving scale and sustainability and efforts made by the programme to address them.
How to register?
Participants are required to fill in a registration form and provide an abstract (in 500 words) of their cases by June 25, 2012 (Monday). Please click here to go to the registration form. Please go through the details of the Competition on the website before sending in your registrations (http://accessdev.org/lh-li-case-study.php):
· All participants are requested to send an abstract of maximum 500 words of their case studies by June 25, 2012.
· Abstracts will be reviewed and a shortlist will be announced on July 10, 2012.
· The shortlisted candidates will be requested to send the full case study, not exceeding 5000 words, by September 10, 2012.
· Once the final cases come in, they will be reviewed and 10 best cases would be selected.
· The authors of the 10 best cases will be invited for a Jury Meet where the top 3 cases will be selected.(tentatively in October)
· The top 3 case study authors will receive cash prizes of Rs. 1,00,000, Rs. 75,000 and Rs. 50,000 respectively and a compendium of the 10 best cases will be released during the Livelihoods India Conference 2012 (November 29-30, 2012).
Look forward to receiving your entries!
Further Details: http://accessdev.org/lh-li-case-study.php