Artist-in-Residence Program in Iceland
AiR PROPOSAL - Residency in East Iceland
Writers, composers, artists, musicians, dancers and scholars are eligible to apply for 3-8 weeks residency in Klaustrid at Skriduklaustur, East Iceland every year.
Klaustrið (the Monastery) is a residence managed by The Institute of Gunnar Gunnarsson. It is situated at Skriðuklaustur Culture Centre in East Iceland in the beautiful home of the Icelandic writer Gunnar Gunnarsson.
The living/working facilities consists of a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and a living room with big desk for working. Wi-Fi internet connection and a piano in place.
There is no grant along with the residency but the apartment is free of charge and local transportation is guaranteed.
The apartment is only for one person or a couple at time.
Klaustrið uses the following criteria when evaluating applicants:
* Primarily the quality of the applicants project as indicated by submitted application.
* A record of works and curriculum vitae.
* Projects concerning Gunnar Gunnarsson, his life and his works, have priority just as any project concerning East-Iceland, its nature and culture.
Application deadline is 15th June every year for the following year.
Application form is available at www.skriduklaustur.is along with more information.
* Project description, see application form
* Artists CV, please do not send a CV exceeding 2 pages
* A few examples of works (3-5), either as prints, on CD or weblinks
Application should be sent by mail to:
Klaustrið - Gunnarsstofnun, Skriðuklaustur, 701 Egilsstaðir, ICELAND
For further information send an e-mail to email@example.com or call + 354 471 2990.
The nearest town with airport and all service is Egilsstadir (EGS), (39km). The main international airport is in South-West Iceland, Keflavik (KEF) close to the capital Reykjavik (REK) where the national airport is (700km). Another way to get to Iceland is to travel by sea. There is a ferry linking Danmark, Foryoar Islands and Iceland. The company is called Smyril-line and. Their habour is in Seydisfjordur (65km).