International Conference on Public Policy and Governance
4-6 Septmeber, 2012
IISc, Bangalore, India
Research papers related to theme of 'Science, Technology and Society' are specially welcome.
(science policy, technology policy, science education, life sciences and health; cloning and genetics, society and science communication, stem cell research, arguments and perspectives, evaluating science in society, telecommunication, co-dependence, culture and influences, economics and funding, application, analysis and similar topics).
All science, technology and society submissions have a waiver on the registration fee and will be provided free accommodation for presentation during the three days of conference.
Last Date for Abstract Submission: 30 March 2012
Call for Papers
The International Conference on Public Policy and Governance (PPG 2012) aims to provide a forum for researchers in the areas of management, economics, sociology, political economy, political science, program implementation, program evaluation, policy analysis and public management, to discuss the role of social policy in development. We invite contributions in the form of research articles and case studies, under the following themes.
- Economy, Trade, and Agriculture (Economic development, informal economy, informal entrepreneurship, fiscal policy, monetary policy, trade and foreign relations, employment, income, industry and industrial development, labour, tax reforms, productivity, private investment, land management, use of technology, economics, market interventions, agriculture policy, and similar topics.)
- Public Institutions, Governance and Social Accountability (Public institutions reforms, effectiveness, outcomes, Urban Policy & Planning public private partnership, management, public participation, public engagement, empowerment, development effectiveness, managing public resources, public expenditure and similar topics.)
- Science, Technology, and Society (Science education, life sciences and health; cloning and genetics, society and science communication, stem cell research, arguments and perspectives, evaluating science in society, Telecommunication, co dependence, culture and influences, economics and funding, application, analysis and similar topics.)
- Public Infrastructure, Health, Education and Housing (Public private partnership, private funds, water, transport, implementation of health care, child welfare, women and health, aging, safety net in health evaluation, service delivery, education policy, affordability education, service and delivery, housing needs, rural infrastructure and services and similar topics.)
- Energy and Environment (WRI is the lead track coordinator) (Global warming, recycling, local actions, industry trends, renewable energy, energy needs, planning, regulatory interventions, technologies, application, analysis and similar topics.)
- Poverty and Population (Income, population characteristics, policy implementation, aging, race and ethnicity, immigration, diversity, political economy, elections, electoral influence, voting behaviour, effects of partisanship, public opinion, civil and human rights, freedom of speech, accountability and similar topics.)
- Corporate Social Responsibility (Business conduct, workplace and employees, corporate environment responsibility, social performance, waste management, community based innovations, equal opportunity, and similar topics.)
Extended abstracts of up to 600 words has to be submitted first by 30 March 2012. Upon review of these abstracts you will be notified about the acceptance of your paper by 15 April 2012. Extended abstracts and full papers can be submitted at https://www.easychair.org/account/signin.cgi?conf=ppg2012. Detailed instructions for the preparation of your paper abstract and full paper along with online submission instructions can be found at the conference website http://www.mgmt.iisc.ernet.in/ppg2012/Paper_Submission.html.
Only the full papers submitted by 15-May-2012 will be considered for publication in the following journals:
- Journal of Economic Policy Reform
- International Journal of Social Economics
- Journal of Asian Public Policy
- Poverty and Public Policy
- IPE Journal of Economic Policy & Research
- Abstract Submission 30 March 2012
- Abstract Acceptance 15 April 2012
- Last date for full paper Submission 30 May 2012 (to be considered for publication)
- Registration 1 May 2012 onwards
For inquiries please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org