Supporting knowledge creation and dissemination for the social good in India
Call for Indian management research proposals
This year, Emerald and the IAM – Indian Academy of Management – are delighted to offer a research grant for an Indian project in the field of management research. There will be one award of £2,000 (approximately US$3,000 equivalent) for the winning research project, and two awards of £500 each for highly-commended runners up, to fund or part-fund these projects.
Applications should address the creation and dissemination of knowledge for the social good with a specific orientation toward benefit for India.
The main member of the research team must be based in India.
Each application will be judged, by a panel of experts, on the criteria below. The research must:
- Be of significance, and in particular, illustrate how it will benefit the social good.
- Demonstrate originality and innovation.
- Make an outstanding contribution to theory and its application.
- Illustrate the appropriateness and application of the methodology.
- Demonstrate sound implications for theory and practice.
Each proposal must be submitted using the online application form at:
The following documents will be required electronically:
- A summary stating specific goals, outcomes and benefits of the research. This should not exceed 2,000 words (note that tables, figures, appendices and reference lists, if provided do NOT count to the 2,000 word total).
- A covering letter containing full contact details (affiliation, full address, telephone number/s and e-mail address) for all researchers involved in the project. Please state clearly which researcher will be the main point of contact.
The 2,000-word summary must:
- Display clearly a statement of purpose and intent.
- State clearly the methodology(ies) applied and explicitly describe the research process.
- State expected research outcomes and expected impact and possible application.
- Specify the expected timescales of the research process.
- Outline projected costs and total research grant required.
The closing date for applications is 1 February 2012.
Winners will be announced in April 2012.
Last year's winner
Last year Emerald was delighted to receive almost 60 research proposals of outstanding quality. The winning research proposal was "Development Of Rural Healthcare Provisions In India: From The Perspective Of Effectuation" by Niharika Garud, Indian Institute Of Management Bangalore, India
"Winning the Emerald/IAM research award is exciting and a significant achievement for my research in rural healthcare sector. I feel honored and privileged to receive this recognition by prestigious and esteemed scholars. By participating in the Emerald/IAM award process, I was able to evaluate my work critically, and by doing so, I was able to articulate my ideas and be more precise about my research objectives. Being found worthy of the award and being recognized for my work in itself is a great reward which motivates other institutions to acknowledge and support this research further. The award motivates me to put more effort and strive harder to understand and solve social issues. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Emerald and Indian Academy of Management for supporting academic research around the world."
For further information, please contact:
External Relations Executive
Emerald Group Publishing Limited
Emerald Group Publishing Limited
Bingley BD16 1WA