The Sixth Biennial Conference of INSEE
Nature, Economy and Society: Understanding the Linkages
October 20-22, 2011
Venue: Centre for Economic and Social Studies (CESS), Hyderabad
Indian Society for Ecological Economics (INSEE) & Centre for Economic and Social Studies (CESS), Hyderabad
The conference shall address a diverse repertoire of issues at the interface of nature, economy and society and explore how to use the understanding for policy formulation. Papers, panels and symposia on the themes and sub-themes identified are invited below:
- Ecosystems and Ecosystem Services for Life and Human Well-being
- Accounting for Nature: macro and micro economic approaches
- Global and Local Impact of Economic Growth, Trade and Globalisation on the Environment (at different scales)
- Alternative Approaches to Nature and Society and Assessing the Role of Knowledge and Power
- Social Norms, Culture and Human Behaviour in relation to the Environment
- Towards Green and Sustainable Socio-economic Systems: including ecological agriculture, energy efficient industry and sustainable urban habitats
- Equity and Governance Issues in relation to the global, national and local commons
- Deadline for Abstract of 400 words [kindly mention the theme]: February 28, 2011
- Communication of acceptance of abstract: March 31, 2011
- Submission of Full paper of 12,000 words [maximum], to be reviewed: May 15, 2011
- Communication of Final acceptance: August 31, 2011.
Other Events planned:
- Pre-conference Workshop on ‘Pathways to Inter-disciplinarity’ (19th October, 2011)
- Workshop for PhD Students working on Environmental and Ecological Economics (22nd October, 2011)
- Panel Discussions on (a) Ecological/Rainfed Agriculture, and (b) Valuation Issues in South Asia.
- Other Interdisciplinary Panel proposals on Ecological Economics are invited. Visit www.ecoinsee.org for details.
For Information on other Panels, Plenary Speakers, Conference Publication, Prearranged Local Visits, Travel Grant, Conference Registration, Local Hospitality and Crèche kindly visit website www.ecoinsee.org.
Sushil Kumar Sen, Office Manager, INSEE, c/o. Institute of Economic Growth, University of Delhi Enclave, Delhi-110007 India
Fax: 011-27667410, email: firstname.lastname@example.org