Department-Related Parliamentary Standing Committee on Science & Technology, Environment and Forests Invites Suggestions/Views on the Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research Bill, 2010
- The Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research Bill, 2010, as introduced and pending in Lok Sabha has been referred to the Department-related Parliamentary Standing Committee on Science & Technology, Environment and Forests headed by Dr. T. Subbarami Reddy, M.P. (Rajya Sabha), for examination and report.
- The Bill seeks to establish an Academy for furtherance of the advancement of learning and promotion of research in the field of science and technology in association with Council of Scientific and Industrial Research and to declare the institution known as the Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research, to be an institution of national importance, and to provide for its incorporation and matters connected therewith or incidental thereto. The Academy is proposed to be set up for substantially increasing the number of researchers in integrative and inter-disciplinary areas of science and engineering in a cost effective manner without requirement of any significant gestation period and additional funds from the Government.
- In order to have wider consultations, the Committee has decided to invite memoranda containing suggestions/views/comments of experts/ institutions/organizations interested in the subject matter of the Bill.
- Those desirous of submitting memoranda to the Committee may send their written comments/ suggestions either in English or Hindi to Shri V.S.P. Singh, Joint Director, Rajya Sabha Secretariat, Room No. 142, First Floo/; Parliament House Annexe, New Delhi-110001, [Tel: 23035411(0), Fax No.: 011-23013917, 011-23011245, email: rsc-st[at]sansad.nic.in within 15 days from the date of publication of this advertisement. Those who are willing to appear before the Committee for oral evidence besides submitting the memoranda may indicate so. However, the Committee's decision in this regard shall be final.
- The memoranda submitted to the Committee, would form part of the records of the Committee and would be treated as confidential and would enjoy privileges of the Committee.
- The Bill has been published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary Part II, Section 2, dated the 30th July, 2010. Copies of the Bill may be obtained on written request from the Assistant Director (S&T) , Rajya Sabha Secretariat Cabin 'F', Committee Complex, Parliament House Annexe, New Delhi-11 0001, or can be downloaded from the official website of the Rajya Sabha (httg://rajyasabha.nic.in) under the heading 'Bills with the Committee'.
Parliament of India || Rajya Sabha Secretariat davp 31202/11/0019/1011