3rd IIM Ahmedabad Doctoral Colloquium 2010
8-9 January 2010
Venue: IIM-Ahmedabad, India
The 3rd IIM-A Doctoral Colloquium allows doctoral students to discuss their research directions in an encouraging atmosphere with a panel of distinguished leaders and among their peers. The Colloquium offers students the valuable opportunity to receive feedback and fresh perspectives on their research and future career paths from expert researchers in their field. The colloquium promotes community-building by connecting beginning and advanced researchers.
The scope of the Doctoral Colloquium includes all major areas of management research, such as Agriculture Management, Business Policy, Computer and Information Systems, Economics, Finance and Accounting, Marketing, Organization Behaviour, Personnel and Industrial Relations, Production and Quantitative Methods, Public Policy & Public Systems.
Call for Abstracts
Participants are required to submit an abstract of paper based on their doctoral work. Details are given as under:
Advance Proposals: abstract not exceeding 1500 words (excluding title page and references), should contain the following:
- The purpose of the research and the specific problems addressed.
- An overview of the most relevant literature.
- Methodological approach and description of research including results obtained so far.
- The expected contributions of the research to the field of management.
- A description of work that remains to be completed and any potential challenges that may arise.
Research Design Proposals: abstract not exceeding 1000 words (excluding title page and references), should contain the following:
- Original idea (purpose) of the research.
- Brief literature review.
- Proposed Methodology.
- Expected contributions of the research.
- Title, category (Advanced/Research design proposal), author(s), affiliation(s), contact details.
Abstracts will be blind reviewed and only those abstracts approved by the reviewers will be selected. Soft copy of the abstract in Microsoft Word format should reach us latest by October 15, 2009. The abstracts should be mailed to iimdc[at]iimahd.ernet.in