National Conference on Indigenous Technology, Livelihood Options and Habitat Utilization: Concepts and Perspectives of Development
23-24 November 2009
Organized by North East Center for Research and Development (NECRD), Guwahati, Assam, a research centre of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- Development and Post-Development-Issues, Paradigms and Challenges
- Perspectives on Sustainability- Indigenous Technology and Indigenous Knowledge, Livelihood Options, Habitat utilization etc
- "The New Industrial Revolution"- Waste Management, Renewable Sources of Energy, Transportation and Locomotive substitution
- Perspectives of differential Social Categories: Redistribution, Equity and Social justice
- Resource Mapping of North East India, Case Studies and New initiatives
Sustainability and North-East India- Balancing environment, society and economy
Call for Papers
The participants for the conference are invited to submit abstract of about 500 words in both soft and hard form with full postal address and contact number by 30th September, 2009. The abstract can also be sent through e-mail to sujata[at]ignou.ac.in, rtanecrd[at]gmail.com, dekasimanta[at]gmail.com. The participants whose abstracts get selected will be notified to submit their full papers (not more than 5000 words) by 15th October, 2009.
Last date of submission of final full length paper is on 1st November 2009. Abstract of all papers accepted for presentation will be published in the conference souvenir and presented papers in an edited volume.
Travel support and accommodation will be provided to paper presenters.