Call for Research Proposals under the NSTMIS Programme
The National Science & Technology Management Information System (NSTMIS) Division of the Department of Science & Technology (DST), India is the nodal agency for collection, analysis and dissemination of vital S&T information at the national level.
The division sponsors research projects / studies to interested investigators/ organizations under the NSTMIS Scheme. The broader areas where studies could be taken up in the sponsored mode are S&T manpower, S&T investment, S&T infrastructure, S&T output, S&T databases, R&D productivity / efficiency etc.
Some of the sub-areas in which the research proposal/ studies could be submitted are given as below:
- Quantification of resources devoted for R&D activities in the Higher Education Sector.
- Barriers to generation, diffusion and commercialization of R&D.
- Impact studies in the, field of S&T.
- Manpower studies in the emerging S&T areas.
- Development of. Innovation Indicators.
- Classification of R&D Institutions by Broad Research areas.
- Classification of Extramural R&D projects by sub-areas.
- Gender related studies in the field of S&T.
- Industry, Academic and Institution Linkages.
- R&D Manpower Profile.
- Scientiometric Studies in S&T areas.
- R&D Output Indicators.
- Quantification of R&D in Social Sciences.
- Measuring S&T input and output.
- Utilization pattern of Govt. Patents.
- Studies on growth of various S&T areas and need assessment of future professions.
- Linkages between Industry, Technology and S&T policies.
- Out-turn of S&T personnel.
- Development of Science Citation Index data base for India.
- Success Stories of Indian Industries.
Who can Apply
Scientists, Technologists, Statisticians, Economists, Sociologists, Development/ Planning/Policy Experts, Management Specialists etc. from academic / research institutions, registered societies, and consultants may submit their proposals in a prescribed format.
Proposals are screened first by NSTMIS and then referred to the Programme Advisory Committee for technical evaluation before final approval.
The guidelines for formulating / submission of projects can be downloaded from the NSTMIS website www.nstmis-dst.org
The proposals may be sent to:
Department of Science and Technology
Technology Bhawan, New Mehrauli Road
New Delhi-110 016
For any other clarification, please contact Smt. Namita Gupta, Member Secretary, Programme Advisory Committee (PAC) at Tel. No. 26567373/Extn.: 371 or 267 E-Mail: namita[at]nic.in or rchetal[at]nic.in