- FP7 SCIENCE IN SOCIETY–2010–1 (Deadline: 21 January 2010)
- FP7 SCIENCE IN SOCIETY–2010–UNIV (Deadline: 2 Dec 2009)
- FP7 SCIENCE IN SOCIETY–2010–NCP (Deadline: 29 April 2010)
- FP7 SCIENCE IN SOCIETY–2010–CAREERS (Deadline: 21 Jan 2010)
The 2010 Science in Society Work Programme builds on the new direction taken in the 2009 Work Programme, which prioritised more focused and structured actions with greater European added-value and impact, to promote a more effective critical mass of projects involving a wide range of key actors.
With a view to building an effective and democratic European knowledge-based society, the aim is to stimulate the harmonious integration of scientific and technological endeavour and associated research policies into European society.
What will be funded?
The initiative undertaken in this field will provide support to:
1. A more dynamic governance of the relationship between science and society
- Research on ethics in science and technology;
- The reciprocal influence of science and culture;
- Conditions for an informed debate on ethics and science;
2. Strengthening potential, broadening horizons
- Strengthening the role of women in scientific research;
- Supporting formal and informal science education in schools as well as through science centres and museums and other relevant means;
- Reinforcing links between science education and science careers;
3. Science and society communication
- Encouraging a European dimension at science events targeting the public;
- Science prizes;
4. Trans-national cooperation among National Contact Points (NCPs) for ‘Science in society’.
Indian Institutions in partnership with European Institutions can submit the proposals.
Deadline for submitting proposals: 02 December 2009 and later.