The Al Gore Sustainable Technology Venture Competition™, India
Venue: IIT Kharagpur, India
6-7 November 2009
Official partners: ASSOCHAM and IIT Kharagpur
The Al Gore Sustainable Technology Venture Competition™ invites students from India’s apex institutes of engineering, science and technology, and management, such as its fabled IITs, IIMs, NITs and JNU to come up with new and renewable sustainable technology business plans to combat climate change and fortify India’s - and, by analogy, the world’s - crucial energy security. The Al Gore Sustainable Technology Venture Competition for postgraduate students focuses on bringing new sustainable and clean technologies to market through innovation and entrepreneurship. Live presentations to the IIT, Kharagpur judges’ panel will be held on November 6-7, 2009.
Winners of The Al Gore Sustainable Technology Venture Competition will receive:
- Cash awards
- The opportunity to interact directly with top-tier venture capitalists and entrepreneurs
- Valuable intellectual property services and the opportunity to raise capital.
Schools may send up to two representative teams to the competition. Approximately eight qualifying teams will be selected to make their presentations and compete at the finals in the host/partner institution. The business plans must represent an actual prospective business. This is not simply an academic exercise. The panel of judges will be composed of eminent faculty, venture capitalists and industrialists.
- Rules for the competition are available here.
- A Sample Business Plan is available here.
- Further information and guidelines are available here.
- Deadline for electronic submission of business plans: September 30, 2009.
- For further information, please contact: agstvc(at)gmail.com or joysen(at)arp.iitkgp.ernet.in