Peoples Council of Education in association with Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE), Tata Institute of Fundamental Research shall hold Second Peoples Education Congress between October 05 and 08, 2009 at Mumbai with a view to discovering, developing and disseminating a new democratic system of science education reflecting democratic needs, aspirations and creative urges of people of India.
The Peoples Council of Education has resolved to focus the deliberations of the Second Peoples Education Congress on ‘Science Education in India’.
The deliberations of the First Peoples Education Congress on ‘Science Communication’, revealed very poor quality of science communication to children and students in schools, colleges and universities resulting in lower order of creativity in science and very high order of anti-science or unscientific mental dispositions in the country. Even majority of the science teachers and research scientists exhibited strong anti-science dispositions, attitudes and behaviour, although unconsciously. Peoples Council of Education, therefore, resolved to focus the deliberations of the Second Peoples Education Congress on ‘Science Education in India’.
Submission of Papers
- Physical and Chemical Science Education
- Biological Science/Life Science Education
- Ecological and Environmental Science Education
- Medical and Health Science Education
- Geo-Science and Planetary Science Education
- Engineering Science Education
- Agricultural Science Education
- Social Science Education
- Mathematical Science Education
- Computer Science and Information Technology Education
- Scientific History in Science Education
- History and Philosophy of Science in Science Education
- Language of Science Education