Rajat Jayanti Vigyan Sancharak Fellowship
Proposals are invited for twenty Rajat Jayanti Vigyan Sancharak Fellowships instituted by Rashtriya Vigyan Evam Pradyogiki Sanchar Parishad, Department of Science & Technology. The Fellowship recognizes Science Communicators with uniformly brilliant academic record and field work. It also supports innovative Science Communication efforts in selected scientific institutions/universities/S&T based voluntary organizations under the guidance of a senior science communicator.
The candidates below 35 years on 31.12.2009 (relaxable by 5 years for Women) must possess a graduation or higher degree in science, engineering, medical science, agriculture, information technology, mass communication etc. from a recognized university.
The duration of the fellowship will be for one year and will comprise honorarium of Rs. 12000/- per month (16000/- in case of a Ph.D) and an annual contingency of Rs. 30000/- and travel grant of Rs. 15000/-. Mentors will receive Rs. 20000/- in a year. Applicants are requested to carefully study Annexure I-V before submitting the proposal.
The selection will be made by a committee of experts and decision of DST will be final.
Send Your Proposal and supporting documents to:
Head (RVPSP), Department of Science & Technology
Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi – 110016
Last date for receiving completed applications is 15th April 2009.
Illustrative list of projects ideas
- Impact assessment of science outreach programmes developing and using innovative instruments.
- Developing and testing scripts for biodiversity, street theater for raising awareness on health, sanitation, water, etc.
- Developing modules for trainers in use of low-cost learning/teaching aids for high school science teachers.
- Developing strategies for promoting innovation among school teachers/students.
- Comparative study on effectiveness of different means of communication
- Developing and updating website on popular science.
For More Details and Application Form visit:http://www.dst.gov.in/whats_new/what_new09/rajat-jayanit-09.pdf