Workshop Proceedings & Presentations -- Second Workshop on "Creation and Dissemination of Knowledge", organized by IMI, New Delhi
The Centre for Management of Innovation and Technology (CMIT) of the International Management Institute (www.imi.edu), New Delhi organized the Second Workshop on "Creation and Dissemination of Knowledge" during 15-17 October, 2008 at the National Institute of Technical Teachers' Training and Research (NITTTR), Chandigarh. The Workshop was organized in association with the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.
The focus of this Workshop was creation and dissemination of knowledge in the backdrop of India's aspirations to emerge as a knowledge economy and compete with the developed world. To meet this purpose, the Workshop discussed major factors that impinge on the creation and dissemination of knowledge.
For pursuing its objectives, the Workshop discussed, among others, trends and prospects of socio-economic and technological growth, role of knowledge in supporting growth, policy statements, and the role of government, research institutes, universities and corporate sector in promoting knowledge creation and dissemination. The Workshop was conducted in an interactive mode through a mix of lectures and discussions. Following papers were presented during the workshop:
(1) India as a Leading Player in the Global Knowledge Economy (M. K. Khanijo);
(2) Trends and Prospects of Socio-economic and Technological Growth and Role of Knowledge in Supporting Growth across Indian States: A Co-integration and Causality Approach (Arindam Banik and Shromon Das);
(3) Managing Knowledge Creation and the Knowledge Organization (Parthasarathi Banerjee);
(4) Increasing Innovation & Productivity with Knowledge – Integrating Workers in the Organisation Larger System (Y.K. Anand and Manmohan Singh);
(5) Human Resource Development and Utilization in R&D Activities (M. K. Khanijo);
(6) Knowledge Management Practices and Application in Pharma Company: Case Study (Gunmala Suri);
(7) Knowledge Management for Educational Practices and Policy Making in Technical Education (Ganesh Dalvi and K.M. Rastogi);
(8) Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO) in India - Opportunities, Trends and Skills (D.D. Sharma);
(9) Bibliography on Knowledge Management (compiled by M.K. Khanijo);
(10) Glossary of Terms in Knowledge Management: Draft Indian Standard (Bureau of Indian Standards).
Download Workshop Proceedings: http://anup.anasua.googlepages.com/CDK_Proceedings.pdf
Download Workshop Presentations: http://anup.anasua.googlepages.com/CDK_Presentations.pdf